Sunday, June 30, 2013

Album Progress and New Places

Recently moved to the small town of Milledgeville, Georgia for college.  As it's summer, I'm living in a house here as opposed to the comfort of Atlanta (my hometown).  For the most part, I've been living alone, making music for an album I wish to release (hopefully) this year.

The reason for the moniker "Lamplighter" is due to the short story by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry entitled The Little Prince.

The story reflects on the mundane aspects of aging, illuminated in this character.  His job is to light his planets lamp, despite his planet rotating x number of times per day.  It's his duty, but he never questions why he does what he does.

Pretty sentimental so I'll stop there with the cheesy stuff.  It's a good book, and I'd recommend.  I'd love for the album cover to look something like that...

Anyway.  The music is coming along fine.  
Here's a look at what I have so far.  Finishing songs is the problem.  Ideas get clustered.  Working harder than I ever have before, though.  

- Payton

No comments:

Post a Comment